Friday, January 9, 2009

A New Low

The news has been quite strange lately...

First, the parents that didn't report their son missing for 10 years...

Now, the kidney man

Seriously?

My aunt gave my father a kidney some years back. Many of you know that my father was an alcoholic and basically pickled his own kidneys (sorry to offend any of my family members, but it is what it is). He needed a kidney to live. My aunt, being the kind-hearted soul that she is, gave him one of hers. It has been 8 years or so...he continued to drink... She continues to hurt...everyday...from the transplant...

When my father continued to drink, did my aunt ask for her kidney back? She knew he was ruining her perfectly good kidney...yet, that is just part of life. One chooses to give gifts and cannot stop what might happen after that!

This so reminds me of what Out Father has done for us. He chose to give the ultimate gift. Yet, we tend to continue doing what we want and ignoring His call on our lives. Does He take back that gift. No, He gave it to us...along with the free will to make our own choices, and He will never take it back...no matter how badly we act!

I pray that this man comes to his senses...and the people of the world do too!

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed