Friday, January 2, 2009

Looking for Ancestors

I need help...

After returning from my Aunt Mary's funeral, I am wanting to find out more information about my ancestors. I am starting to realize that the ancestors and their stories are going to be with the Lord.

I want to know about my father's birth father (my grandmother took all she knew about him with her to the grave)...

I want to know about my father's adoptive father's father (confused?)...

I need help.

How do I find this information? Do I have to pay for these services or can I find information for free? Where do I start (I already googled both of their names and was sent to Ancestry.com)?

Please let me know what you know about finding ancestors.

2 comments:

C said...

You can get on some of the forums of Ancestry.com without paying, I think.

Here is a great collection of articles: http://genealogy.about.com/library/onestop/bl_beginner.htm

~LL~ said...

can't hlep...sorry....but I would LOVE to know what you find.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed