Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day


I thought I would wake up this morning and be depressed all day. I thought there would be a dark cloud over my head.


I went to work, as normal on Tuesday, and when I walked in, Suzanne had the television on and couldn't pull herself away from the pomp and circumstance.


So, we sat there...for an hour and a half...watching Barack Obama become the 44th president of the United States.


I have to say, my spirits lifted. No, he did not get my vote, but I stand in amazement, yet again, of our country. I welled up because we have FINALLY gotten to the point that we can elect our first black president. I do think that it is long overdue.


I had my son watch it (ah...the joys of homeschooling) and we discussed why this was such a huge event. We discussed that the very place where President Obama was being sworn in used to be a place where slaves were bought and sold.


Amazing...


Just amazing...


I came to the realization that My God knew this was going to happen years before it actually did...and He is in control. I rest in that peace!


Now, I urge you, no matter who received your vote, lift up Obama and his family daily.


The Lord directs us to do so.


Sit back, be thankful that we live in a country that is full of democracy, watch history in the making, and pray for your president!


Enjoy the ride!

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed