Monday, August 20, 2007

Day One and All is Well!

Jake and I just finished our first official day of homeschooling. He seems a bit distracted, but I think he will learn to work around the baby and the dog! He seems to tune me out when he wants too, hopefully he can do the same with them!

I think my biggest issue will be time. I tend to get bogged down by the clock...thinking, 'We need to finish this.', 'He is taking too long on this.' , when in actuality, we have no time constraints!

I noticed Jake asked a lot of 'school' questions...like, 'Do I need to write in cursive?', 'How many lines do I need to skip?', 'What if I can't think of something to write about?'. I will have to work with him on the fact that this is his learning. He can do whatever he needs to do in order to learn best. Hard when he has spent 4 years producing work for other people.

All in all, I think it was a very productive day...and I am wiped out!

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed