Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween 3peat

Every year our neighborhood has a costume contest right before trick-or-treating on Halloween night. 

Our first year in the neighborhood, David and I were Mr. and Mrs. Potatoe Head, we won. Jake was a ninja, he won. Kaylee was a black cat, no win for her.

Last year, I was determined that we would all win. I set out early to make us M&M costumes. We won best family!

This year, I was uninspired until Kaylee modeled some costumes for a friend of mine. The pirate costume was adorable! So, I called a friend of mine at a local theatre and we borrowed lots of pirate garb. We dressed and headed out to the contest. First winner they announced was 'Best Girl...Kaylee' Hooray!! I figured that was the end of our winning. But...the very last price they announced was 'Best Family...The Bowrens' Excellent!!

We have a 3 year winning streak now!

I already have next years costumes in mind...

1 comment:

Elizabeth @ My Life, Such as it is... said...

Congrats on the win! Y'all look awesome.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed