Tuesday, November 24, 2009

New Window Seat Cushion

As I have said before, the kitchen remodel is postponed for quite awhile. I don't want to do it half way and to do all that I want done, we are going to have to save for quite awhile.

So, in an effort to keep myself from feeling like none of the projects are getting done around the house, I am trying to finish the little things.

I put new sheers up in the entryway quite a while ago. I touched up the paint and removed the ugly blinds that were covering the beautiful windows. I did these things probably about 10-14 months ago. The last thing to do in the entryway was to replace the HORRIBLE window seat cushion. It was BBBAAAADDDDD!!!

Now, my entryway is open to the dining room and living room. The dining room is maroon and chocolate brown and the living room is ice blue and chocolate brown. The entryway had to somehow tie everything together.

I was at Hobby Lobby in October purchasing the material for the Halloween costumes. They had their upholstery fabric on sale 40% off. I thought I would just stroll thru...and there is was...the PERFECT fabric to tie everything together! I was so excited!

So, I have now replaced the old, faded, terribly worn and ugly window seat cushion with a beautiful one that a friend from church made for me. Then, I found some throw pillows on sale at Pier One Imports and *viola*!

Beautiful!

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed