Monday, March 9, 2009

Dancing with the Stars

...starts tonight. I so love this show!

I have a friend that won't let his daughters watch. He says the costumes are too slinky.

I really don't get that. I discuss things with my kids. We talk about the costumes...we talk about the fact that they are COSTUMES. Appropriate only for a glitzy dancing show. We also talk about the fact that they are not actually as skimpy as they look. If you notice, you can see flesh-colored material where you think you see skin.

Costumes aside, I love to waqtch how the stars progress. How they knew nothing about ballroom when they walked in the door and they soon start loving it.

So, what do you think? Do you let your kids watch? Do the costumes bother you?

2 comments:

~LL~ said...

Frankly, I'm not much on any of the reality shows...they drive me nuts. All that aside, I don't think I would have a problem with the costumes. They are dancing, they aren't walking the streets or flashing a nip here and there......just my 2cents.

Elizabeth @ My Life, Such as it is... said...

I don't watch the show but you have to talk to your kids about TV not being real (even reality shows). Costumes are the some of the least offensive stuff out there! I've seen kids dress worse out in public.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed