Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Random Things

Just to help you know me a little better, I thought I would tell you some random things about me. Things you don't know, or wouldn't know, from reading my blog...

1. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE fountain Diet Coke. When we were in China, adopting Kaylee, I sooo missed my daily 64 oz Diet Coke. My friends knew I would be, so, this is what awaied me when I got of the plane...


2. I never thought I would adopt. My early thoughts of my family never included the thought of adoption. I didn't really know anyone who was adopted when I was growing up. The thought seemed so foreign to me. It is amazing how God can change a heart. I cannot imagine how things would be if I had ignored God and not adopted our Kaylee.

3. In high school, my early plans were to not attend college. I was not a good student. I was a B, C, D student. I thought school was hard. My plans were to go to relfexology school. My high school best friend wanted to visit Howard Payne University for college preview weekend, so I went with her. I had so much fun and fell totally in love with the school. It was March and I was there in August, attending school! Another God thing!

4. I knew my husband and I would marry before I even met him. I saw my husband in church. I knew he was single. I had been watching him for awhile. I told a friend in the single's department, 'That is my future husband.' She laughed with the usual 'whatever' comment. Until a year and a half later, when he bacame my husband.

5. I do not have a hometown. When one moves to a new town every 1-2 years, there is no hometown. I hate that 'Where are you from' question!

6. I would rather have sweet for breakfast. When I wake up, I think about donuts, toaster strudel, things of that nature. My husband, on the other hand, wants eggs and bacon.

Well, that is a pretty random list. Hope it was fun for you to learn a bit more about me.

2 comments:

Lana said...

Thanks for the insight!

Denise C said...

Oh how fun it is to get to know you better!!! I too LOVE fountain Diet Coke!!1 Oh yum!!!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed