Monday, March 24, 2008

What Are You Afraid Of?

Yesterday, Ressurection Day, our pastor gave another tremendous Children's Sermon. I do not know if these are touching me because of our pastor's condition or because my mentality and ability to follow a message is on the 1st thru 5th grade level, but in any case...

He started by asking the children what they were afraid of...

"Spiders...

Snakes...

The Dark...

Thunderstorms..."

He had all of these items written on their own sheet of paper. He also had a sheet of paper that said, 'Death'.

Then, he says to the kids, "You know, we have no reason to be afraid of anything. God has gone before us and knows our future. He knows the plan He has for us and He has worked it all out...So there is no reason to be afraid."

You see the smiles on the children's faces.

Then Pastor says, "So, let's tear these things up to show that we are not afraid of them anymore! Jesus has gone before us and there is no reason to be afraid."

He hands the sheets out to a few kids. One child tears up 'Spiders', another, 'Thunderstorms' and so on...

but Pastor says...

"I am going to tear up 'death'. I am not afraid of death." And with that, he gives that sheet of paper a hearty rip!

Once again, not sure the children fully understood the impact of that message. It was HUGE for me...my pastor is not afraid of death!

God Bless Pastor Don!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this on your blog! I missed last Sunday and needed to hear this message! Thank you!

Barbara

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed