Monday, December 17, 2007

Christmas Meme

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I like to use gift bags, but my husband won't hear of it. He says that's no fun!

2. Real tree or artificial? When I was single, it was real. I love the smell. As a married mother of two, a little more money conscious, I go artificial.

3. When do you put up your tree? The Friday after Thanksgiving.

4. When do you take the tree down? The week-end after Christmas.

5. Do you like eggnog? Yum-o!

6. Favorite gift received as a child? It has to be the year the all the 'girl cousins' received a Cabbage Patch Doll - you know, the last time they were the toy to have!

7. Do you have a Nativity scene? Of course.

8. Hardest person to buy for? My parents and step-parents.

9. Easiest person to buy for? My kids

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I would have to say it was all the crazy plaid clothes my grandmother used to buy me.

11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Call me old fashioned, but mail is more personal!

12. Favorite Christmas movie? Hmmm, that's a hard one...I guess I would say The Grinch.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? On a budget? I am one of those that might see something I like for someone in June. I will buy it and put it away until Christmas. Mostly, though, I start when my husband gets his bonus at the end of November. Always on a budget or I will get carried away.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yup!

15. Favorite things to eat at Christmas? Love the pumkin pie and sugar cookies!

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Gotta be clear!

17. Favorite Christmas song? Mary Did You Know

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Every year is different, but I prefer to stay home.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Bow on the main one, Texas flag on the Texas themed tree, orange star on the OSU tree and nothing on the kids tree (havent found anything I am totally in love with)

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Growing up, we always got to open one on Christmas Eve. When I got married, my husband would not have it. We now open everything on Christmas morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? The fact that some people have no idea what the true meaning is all about.

23. What is the "corniest" family tradition you do, or miss doing? No corny-ness over here!

24. Ugliest Christmas Decoration ever invented? Dancing Christmas trees!

25. Which looks the best, theme trees or homey trees? I like both for their own lovliness, but, I put up 3 themed (Gold and white, Texas and OSU)and 1 homey tree in our house (the kids).

26. What does Christmas mean to you? A time to celebrate the birth of Jesus.

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed