Friday, July 20, 2007

How Can I Be Feeling This Way?

Let me start this post by saying 2 things...
1. If you are of the male persuasion, you might want to log off now.
2. I had my uterus and one ovary removed about 2 years ago.

So, with that said, let me vent. I woke up in the middle of the night with the small nub of an ovary that I have left, hurting. I then woke this morning with the agenda of getting my family ready for our trip tomorrow...my ovary still hurt, my abdomen hurt where my uterus would be (if I had one), I bit my husband's head off before he left for work and I have snapped at my 9 year old most of the morning. My husband was brave enough to call and check on me...he asked how I was and I stated, "I feel like I should start my period today, except I don't have a uterus". Can my body possibly be 'cycling'?

Now, don't get me wrong. I think having the hysterectomy was one of the best things I have ever done! After the surgeon did what he was supposed to (long story, another time), I felt fabulous. My back quit hurting, my ovary couldn't burst every year. I have felt wonderful...until today?!?!

What is happening with my body today?

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed